FGBC Certified Green Professional Designation
In a Competitive Marketplace, Differentiation is Key to Success
There exists a strong need in today’s industry to differentiate green building professionals who pursue advanced training from those who don’t. The FGBC Certified Green Professional designation serves that need.
Professional designations offer excellent opportunities to improve your skills, advance your career, and be recognized for your commitment to professional growth. For customers, professional designations convey superior training, practical experience, and in-depth knowledge. These are key when contracts are being awarded or you are being hired for a new position in your career.
The "Building Science for Green Professionals" two-day course is available to both FGBC members and non-members. However, the FGBC Certified Green Professional Designation does require the applicant be a member in good standing.
Eight (8) hours of green home construction education within last 12 months.
- Courses must specifically emphasize green home construction techniques and concepts.
- Course description and syllabus must be submitted with application.
- FGBC will accept courses offered by other organizations. Credit for pre-requisite course work is subject to FGBC approval.
- Instructors may receive CE credits once for teaching an approved course.
Applicant Professional Experience
Applicant must have a minimum of one year of experience in any of the following categories. Written verification of experience is required.
- Builder or trade contractor with either jobsite or management experience
- Construction Superintendent or other jobsite supervision experience
- Architecture, building design, or engineering
- FGBC Certifying Agent or Certified energy rater
- Green professional designation from another organization – Subject to FGBC approval
- Licensed building inspector or official
- Land development
- Construction consulting or training
- Meet the applicant professional experience conditions
- Satisfy the prerequisites
- Successfully complete the course – “Building Science for the Green Professionals”
- Pass the exam
- Be a member of FGBC
- Pay the designation application fee
Annual Renewal Requirements
- Successfully complete seven (7) hours of green building concepts or techniques education.
- Courses must qualify as either CEUs for a professional license or a recognized professional designation.
- Certificate of Completion and course description must be submitted.
- Submit the annual renewal fee