Gables Ponce Phase II
- 4535 Ponce De Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, FL 33146
- Certification Date:
- April 8, 2015
- Certification Score:
- Certification Version:
- Registration Date:
- June 16, 2014
- Submittal Date:
- March 2, 2015
- Project Contact:
- Jennifer Languell
- Project Contact Phone:
- Gables Development
- Sheldon Powell
- 225 NE Mizner Blvd
Boca Raton, FL 33432
- Occupancy Type:
- Square Feet:
- Affordable Housing:
- Michael Houston
119 Units, 10 Floors, Condo/Apts
- Provides a design that is 15% more efficient than FL Code
- All building HVAC&R systems are free of HCFC’s and Halons
- Owner purchases 75% certified green power.
- All appliances are Energy Star certified
- Water heater is installed in a central location.
- Landscape comprised of a minimum of 75% of drought tolerant plants.
- Reduces potable water consumption for irrigation on 75% of area irrigated.
- All toilets installed permit one to flush at volumes lower than required by EPACT.
- Each shower is equipped with only one showerhead.
- Faucet aerators are installed on all fixtures.
- All fixtures installed are rated at a flow rate equal to or lower than that mandated by the EPACT
- Not developed on prime farmland, flood prone areas, habitat for threatened species, 100ft of Wetland, or public parkland.
- Is within a minimum of 1/2 mile of one rail node or 1/4 mile of 1 or more bus lines.
- Provides securing locations for bicyclers and showering and changing rooms for 5% of total occupants
- Does not exceed the minimum zoning parking requirements.
- Limits site disturbance to 40 feet beyond the building perimeter.
- Exceeds minimum zoning requirements for open space by 25%
- No net increase in stormwater runoff from pre-development conditions to post-development
- Provides onsite measures to reduce heat island effects
- Provides either a green roof (50% of roof area) or Energy Star Certified roofing material (75% of roof area).
- Smoking is allowed only in designated smoking areas.
- All adhesives and sealants meet VOC limits.
- All paints meet VOC limits.
- All carpet and carpet products meet the Carpet & Rug Institute Green Label Certification Program.
- All composite wood and agrifiber products contain no added urea-formaldehyde.
- All insulation products are free of formaldehyde.
- Provides minimum of one operable window and one lighting control zone per 200 SF for all areas within 15 ft of perimeter.
- Provides 50% of all occupants individual control of airflow temperature, and lighting.
- Provides natural daylighting to 75% of interior spaces.
- Provides views to vision glazing for 75% of all occupants.
- All grout lines between tiles are less than 3/16" wide.
- Sealed combustion water heater, or use of an electric water heating system.
- Use of a sealed combustion furnace or use of an electric heating system such as a heat pump.
- Installed armored/metal hoses on all fixtures/appliances.
- Project has infrastructure for recycling paper, cardboard, glass, plastics, and metal.
- Project diverts a minimum of 75% of all waste from landfill.
- Incorporates 10% (based on material cost) recycled materials.
- Uses a single lever shutoff valve requiring only a 90 degree turn.
- Utilizes impact resistant glazing and impact resistant entry points.
- Slab elevation is 12" above 100 year flood plan and all grades around building slope away.
- Utilizes fire resistant exterior wall cladding, roof covering or subroof, soffit and vent materials.
- FGBC Designated Professional was involved with project design & construction.
- Utilizes soil moisture sensors.
- Utilizes light colored interior finishes.
- Easy access to basic services.
- Carpet tiles are using common areas.
- Second year of utilizing green power.
- Equipment tie down are on the roof
- Is located in an FGBC Certified Green Local Government.
- Provides 100% covered parking.
- Non Cypress mulch used.
- Light colored exterior.
Green Team Contacts
Behar Font & Partners P.A.
4533 Ponce DeLeon Blvd, Coral Gables, FL 33146
Facchina Construction of Florida, LLC
9675 NW 117 Avenue, Suite 109, Miami, FL 33178
- Designated Professional
Trifecta Construction Solutions
PO Box 60024, Fort Myers, FL 33906
Ralphel Pena Jr
4977 SW 74th Court, Miami, FL 33155
4977 SW 74th Court, Miami, FL 33155
- Landscape Architect/Design
307 S 21st Avenue, Hollywood, FL 33020
225 NE Mizner Blvd, Suite 400, Boca Raton, FL 33432