- 619 N Andrews Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Certification Date:
- March 9, 2012
- Certification Level:
- Certification Score:
- Certification Version:
- Registration Date:
- January 24, 2012
- Submittal Date:
- February 15, 2012
- Project Contact:
- Jennifer Languell
- Project Contact Phone:
- Reliance Housing Foundation
- 20 Battery Park Avenue
Asheville, NC 28804
- Occupancy Type:
- Square Feet:
- Affordable Housing:
- Michael Houston
8 Floors 76 Units
No Commercial Space
Progresso Point is the first building certified under the Florida Green Building Coalition’s Green High-Rise Residential Designation. It is a 76-unit affordable housing project of the Broward County Housing Authority and the Reliance Housing Foundation
The project recycled more than 75 percent of its construction and demolition waste. Units are 50 percent more efficient than Florida Building Code requires, achieved through the incorporation of Energy Star appliances, dual flush toilets, tankless water heaters, programmable thermostats, and Energy Star qualified lighting in all open and common areas. Other green features include minimizing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) through the proper selection of materials and finishes throughout, and use of drought tolerant landscaping that reduces use of potable water for irrigation by more than 75%.
- Units are 50% More Energy Efficient than Building Code requires.
- Advanced Commissioning of the building systems was performed before occupancy to ensure proper operation.
- Reduced energy consumption for interior lighting.
- Incorporates drought tolerant landscaping and reduces use of potable water for irrigation by more than 75%.
- Incorporates Energy Star appliances.
- Incorporates low flow and water conserving faucets and fixtures.
- Considered an "infill project" - close to services and amenities thus reducing the carbon emissions of urban sprawl.
- Minimized site disturbance during construction and reduces storm water impacts by providing on-site treatment.
- Minimizes project impact on night sky illumination by the use of high efficiency and intelligently designed exterior lighting strategies.
- Minimizes volatile organic compounds (VOCs) through the proper selection of materials and finishes throughout the interior of the building ensuring a more healthy indoor air environment.
- Incorporates plenty of natural daylight and provides occupants with extensive views to the outside environment.
- Diverted more than 75% of the construction waste to recycling centers for processing.
- Incorporates impact resistant windows and doors to protect against hurricanes.
- Utilizes noncombustible materials on the exterior of the building to reduce potential fire threat from wildfires.
- Innovative Credit: 100% covered parking
- Innovative Credit: Re-developing an existing site within the Urban Growth Boundary
- Innovative Credit: Clothes Washer Water Factor
- Innovative Credit: Soil Moisture Sensors
- Innovative Credit: Light colored walls
- Innovative Credit: Exhaust Fans installed in parking garage
Green Team Contacts
Cohen, Freedman, Encinosa & Associates
8085 NW 155th Street, Miami, FL 33016
- Designated Professional
Trifecta Construction Solutions
PO Box 60024, Fort Myers, FL 33906
Botek Thurlow Engineering Inc
tbd, tbd, FL tbd
Ralphel Pena Jr
4977 SW 74th Court, Miami, FL 33155
Samuel De Leon
CHU Structural Engineering Inc
tbd, tbd, FL tbd
- Landscape Architect/Design
No Company Specified
tbd, tbd, FL tbd
Reliance Housing Foundation
20 Battery Park Avenue, Suite 305, Asheville, NC 28804