FGBC Board of Directors Nominations Open for 2016
The Florida Green Building Coalition Board of Directors is comprised of 25 positions – three seats within each of the eight industry affiliations specified in the FGBC Bylaws, plus one appointed position for a representative of the Florida Home Builders Association. Board members serve for a three-year term. Each year one-third of the Board seats are up for election (one seat in each of the eight industry affiliations):
• Academic & Research
• Construction & Development
• Design & Analysis
• Public Advocate
• Real Estate, Finance, & Property Services
• At Large (anyone interested in green building)
Nominations are now open for the 2016-2019 term. There are also several vacated seats for one- and two-year terms in the following categories:
Academic & Research (2 year term)
Development & Construction (1 year term)
Products (1 year term)
Public Advocate (1 year term)
Real Estate, Finance & Property Services (2-year term)
Participating on the Board of Directors enables you to lend your leadership and vision to the FGBC and contribute to defining its path forward. If you are interested in serving, please review the Board Responsibilities and see instructions below.
Eligibility: Any FGBC member in good standing (membership fees current)
Deadline to Submit Nomination Forms: August 7, 2016.
Submission Requirements: Complete the official FGBC Board Nomination Form and submit to FGBC along with your color photo (quality headshot sized approximately 200 pixels x 300 pixels).
July 15, 2016
- Florida Building Code Update
- Senate Approves Legislation to Reform Affordable Housing Programs
- Resiliency Becomes Design and Product Purchase Driver
- Financing Resiliency with Green Bonds
- City Bans Demolitions to Cut Construction Waste
- Why Companies are Moving Downtown
- Steel Framing, Pre-Cut Insulation System Creates Quick Net-Zero Homes
- TECHNOLOGY UPDATE:
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: Michael Ellis, OmniCrete
Interactive Map Highlights FGBC Projects
FGBC Background and Mission
The Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) is a nonprofit 501(C)3 Florida corporation dedicated to improving the built environment. Our mission is to lead and promote sustainability with environmental, economic, and social benefits through regional education and certification programs.
FGBC was conceived and founded in the belief that green building programs will be most successful if there are clear and meaningful principles on which "green" qualification and marketing are based. We are a membership-based organization governed by a Board of Directors and corporate officers who are elected by the general membership.
The FGBC is continually finding new and innovative ways to educate builders, developers, local governments, and consumers about how to achieve a healthier, more environmentally sustainable future.
The purposes of the Florida Green Building Coalition are:
- To administer certification programs based upon the green building standards
- To award its certification mark to qualified projects
- To educate the general public, businesses, institutional and governmental bodies of the long term benefits of sustainable development and green building practices
- To encourage housing affordability by increasing building sustainability
- To stimulate statewide acquaintance and fellowship among members and others interested in green building practices
- To provide opportunities for members and other interested parties to increase their knowledge of green building practices.
2004 - Sustainable Florida 'Best Practices' Award
2013 - American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) and the Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE) Exemplary Water-Energy Program