August 9, 2016
- Green Energy Boost: FHA to Back Some PACE Mortgages
- Livable for All: Creating Age-Friendly Communities
- Florida Is 'Hot Spot' for Hidden Pollution Exchange Between Oceans and Groundwater
- Freddie Mac Incentivizes Green Upgrades
- Report Shows Walkable Development Creates Economic Engine in Communities
- Zillow Report Analyzes Climate Change Impact 30.5% of Miami Housing Stock At Risk
- It's Hard Being A Low-Income Housing Developer; It May Get Even Harder
- Bike Lanes Are Bringing More Millennials to the Suburbs
- Miami 's First 'Tiny' Units High-Rise Targets Younger Generation
- Solar Workforce Development Program Aims to Meet Growing Solar Labor Demand
- Recycling Is Up in the Sunshine State; Charlotte County Tops the List
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: Pinellas County Housing Authority
Interactive Map Highlights FGBC Projects
FGBC Background and Mission
The Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) is a nonprofit 501(C)3 Florida corporation dedicated to improving the built environment. Our mission is to lead and promote sustainability with environmental, economic, and social benefits through regional education and certification programs.
FGBC was conceived and founded in the belief that green building programs will be most successful if there are clear and meaningful principles on which "green" qualification and marketing are based. We are a membership-based organization governed by a Board of Directors and corporate officers who are elected by the general membership.
The FGBC is continually finding new and innovative ways to educate builders, developers, local governments, and consumers about how to achieve a healthier, more environmentally sustainable future.
The purposes of the Florida Green Building Coalition are:
- To administer certification programs based upon the green building standards
- To award its certification mark to qualified projects
- To educate the general public, businesses, institutional and governmental bodies of the long term benefits of sustainable development and green building practices
- To encourage housing affordability by increasing building sustainability
- To stimulate statewide acquaintance and fellowship among members and others interested in green building practices
- To provide opportunities for members and other interested parties to increase their knowledge of green building practices.
2004 - Sustainable Florida 'Best Practices' Award
2013 - American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) and the Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE) Exemplary Water-Energy Program