June 16, 2016
- PROJECT SPOTLIGHT: On Top of the World Receives Water Conservation Award
- Minto Communities Announces Three New Large-Scale Communities in Florida
- Landowners Win U.S. Supreme Court Wetlands Development Court Case
- PV Value Tools Help Appraisers Determine Solar Market Value
- BREEAM Rating System Arrives in U.S.
- World's First 3D-Printed Building Completed
- Energy Sector Stakeholders to Meet in Miami
- TECHNOLOGY UPDATE:
- Will Clean-Energy Desalination be a Game-Changing Water Fix?
- German Solar Power Company Relocates Headquarters to Miami
- Daytona Speedway in Top 5 Sports Arenas for Solar Energy
- Ranchers, Sportsmen Contribute 5,300 Acres To Everglades Refuge & Conservation Area
- New Hampshire Doubles Solar Net Metering Cap
- Scholarships Available for Craft Training
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: Larry Baum, Stellar Homes Group
Interactive Map Highlights FGBC Projects
FGBC Background and Mission
The Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) is a nonprofit 501(C)3 Florida corporation dedicated to improving the built environment. Our mission is to lead and promote sustainability with environmental, economic, and social benefits through regional education and certification programs.
FGBC was conceived and founded in the belief that green building programs will be most successful if there are clear and meaningful principles on which "green" qualification and marketing are based. We are a membership-based organization governed by a Board of Directors and corporate officers who are elected by the general membership.
The FGBC is continually finding new and innovative ways to educate builders, developers, local governments, and consumers about how to achieve a healthier, more environmentally sustainable future.
The purposes of the Florida Green Building Coalition are:
- To administer certification programs based upon the green building standards
- To award its certification mark to qualified projects
- To educate the general public, businesses, institutional and governmental bodies of the long term benefits of sustainable development and green building practices
- To encourage housing affordability by increasing building sustainability
- To stimulate statewide acquaintance and fellowship among members and others interested in green building practices
- To provide opportunities for members and other interested parties to increase their knowledge of green building practices.
2004 - Sustainable Florida 'Best Practices' Award
2013 - American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) and the Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE) Exemplary Water-Energy Program