October 11, 2016
- Why Cities Matter for Sustainable Development
- Green Financing Programs for Multifamily Take Off
- Definitive Advice from the Industry's Best on Selling and Marketing Green
- Code Changes Offer More Duct Choices
- Developing Tools to Measure IAQ
- Lstiburek on Air Sealing & Compartmentalizing Townhouses and Row Houses
- EB-5: Alternative Financing Moves Into Commercial
- CxEnergy 2017 Conference & Exposition Scheduled for April 2017 in Orlando
- Save the Date USGBC Gala Verde
- KB Home ProjeKt Looks at the Future of Green Building
- New Eco-Friendly Product Alternatives
- Model Homes Underway in Babcock Ranch
- Rocking the Cradle to Cradle
- Regional Rail Service Proposed as I-75 Relief
- How To Evolve Your Sustainability Reporting Process
- Bill Gates, Total Invest $14M In Bioproduct Technology
Interactive Map Highlights FGBC Projects
FGBC Background and Mission
The Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) is a nonprofit 501(C)3 Florida corporation dedicated to improving the built environment. Our mission is to lead and promote sustainability with environmental, economic, and social benefits through regional education and certification programs.
FGBC was conceived and founded in the belief that green building programs will be most successful if there are clear and meaningful principles on which "green" qualification and marketing are based. We are a membership-based organization governed by a Board of Directors and corporate officers who are elected by the general membership.
The FGBC is continually finding new and innovative ways to educate builders, developers, local governments, and consumers about how to achieve a healthier, more environmentally sustainable future.
The purposes of the Florida Green Building Coalition are:
- To administer certification programs based upon the green building standards
- To award its certification mark to qualified projects
- To educate the general public, businesses, institutional and governmental bodies of the long term benefits of sustainable development and green building practices
- To encourage housing affordability by increasing building sustainability
- To stimulate statewide acquaintance and fellowship among members and others interested in green building practices
- To provide opportunities for members and other interested parties to increase their knowledge of green building practices.
2004 - Sustainable Florida 'Best Practices' Award
2013 - American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) and the Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE) Exemplary Water-Energy Program