Professional Credentials and Responsibilities
All four requirements must be successfully completed in order to become an FGBC Certifying Agent.
REQUIREMENT # 1
One year experience in the home building industry: Verification of experience will require written references to such activity in at least one of the below listed professions:
- Residential trade contractor or builder experience either on the jobsite or in management
- Superintendent or other jobsite supervision
- Licensed or qualified home inspector or certified energy rater
- Residential design or architectural work
- Residential land development management
- Green building verification for another green certification
- Construction consulting or training
REQUIREMENT # 2
14 hours of Green Home Construction Continuing Education completed in the last two years.
- Courses must specifically emphasize Green Home construction techniques and concepts - FGBC accepts courses offered by other organizations
- Course description/syllabus must be submitted with Home Certifying Agent Application
- Review of course work completed by the applicant is subject to FGBC approval
- Instructors may receive CE credits once for teaching an approved course
REQUIREMENT # 3
Successful completion of two-day Florida Green Home Certification Training and exam Register for the Course Today!!
REQUIREMENT # 4
Complete the FGBC Certifying Agent Registration Form and submit to FGBC with your payment and supporting documentation.
All FGBC Certifying Agents are required to be members of FGBC.
FGBC Certifying Agents receive a certificate and identification card verifying their credentials.
What does the privilege of becoming a Certifying Agent allow?
As an accredited certifying agent you now have the ability to evaluate a home with respect to the criteria contained in the Florida Green Home Designation Standard.
- Applications for certification must be complete and submitted by an FGBC Registered Certifying Agent in "Active" status.
- FGBC reserves the right to return incomplete applications to the Certifying Agent without review.
The following constitutes a complete application:
- Completed FGBC Home Standard Checklist
- The FGBC Green Home Standard Application and checklist must be filled out in its entirety including builder information and signature, complete address of the home, and Certifying Agent information and signature.
- Certifying Agent Financial Interest Disclosure Form for each Agent/Builder relationship.
- Any required submittals for elected points.
- Check made payable to FGBC for the correct green home processing fee.
FGBC requires that all Certifying Agents complete the Activity Verification Form annually and submit it with their Certifying Agent renewal fee, beginning January 1, 2010. The FGBC has established a minimum score of 7 points required to remain on the ACTIVE list. The score is attained based on the number of homes certified per year, attending FGBC and other green building events and attending green building education courses.
Your Certifying Agent status will become inactive if the minimum requirements are not met every year. Failure to renew and meet the Activity Verification Form requirements within 12 months of your renewal date will result in revocation of your Certifying Agent credentials.
- Course must specifically emphasize green home construction techniques and concepts and must qualify as continuing education credits for a professional license or designation.
- Certificate of Completion and course description must be submitted with the Activity Verification Form
Conferences and Seminars
- Non-FGBC events must be related to green building to qualify for points toward active status, i.e.: Ecobuild, GreenBuild, etc.
- Detailed description of conferences or seminars including dates and locations must be submitted with the Activity Verification Report
- Participation as an active member on an FGBC committee
- Listing of meetings including dates and locations must be submitted with the Activity Verification Report